2019/20 Membership Competition Terms and Conditions
Australian Boomers Vs USA Basketball Ticket Giveaway Competition Terms & Conditions 2019
This competition is a trade promotion lottery in accordance with Victorian law.
The conditions for the conduct of this trade promotion lottery are as follows:
- Entrance to the trade promotion lottery is determined by satisfying the following requirements:
- Person purchases 2019-20 Deakin Melbourne Boomers Membership prior to August 9th, 2019.
- This includes renewing members as well as new members.
- Only available to members located within Victoria.
- Includes all new and renewing members, except those registering for the free 2 Game Junior Membership.
- The competition prize is 2 x Double Pass tickets to the August 24 basketball game between Australia and the USA worth $700 per double pass.
- One winner will be selected from each of the following categories, New Member and Renewing Member, with each winning a double pass to the game.
- There is no fee for entry.
- It is not a precondition for entry that an entrant has played a gaming machine, or participated in a loyalty scheme that requires an entrant to play a gaming machine.
- Written consent has been obtained from the person whose trade or business is to be promoted by the lottery.
- The lottery is conducted to benefit primarily the trade or business being promoted.
- Information used to promote the lottery includes:
- The closing date of the lottery – July 26 (Renewing Member) and August 9, 2019 (New Members)
- When the lottery will be drawn – August 10, 2019
- The name and date of the publication in which winners’ names will be published.
- The entry requirement.
- This prize is not transferable or exchangeable for money and will not be substituted for money.
- The winners of prizes will be advised in writing of the prize.
- Records will be kept for a period of three years after finalisation of the lottery.
- Every valid entry has a random and equal chance of being drawn.
- There is no cost to the winner to accept the prize.
- No information about entrants is collected, aside from details necessary to hand over prize.
- The Deakin Melbourne Boomers will not use entrants’ information except in accordance with the purposes stated in the condition of entry.
- Entrants are not required to be present at the drawing of the lottery to be eligible to win a prize.
- The prize will be paid or transferred to the winner within 28 days after the draw.
- The winner of a prize will only be substituted via a second draw, and only if the conditions of entry allow it and if reasonable efforts were made to identify the winner that were unsuccessful.
- This trade promotion lottery is not conducted with scratch and win cards.
- This trade promotion lottery is conducted in a manner that is not offensive and that is not contrary to the public interest.
- A prize will only be substituted if the substituted prize is of the same or greater value than the original prize and the winner either agrees in writing, or the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the person conducting the trade promotion lottery and reasonable attempts are made to reach agreement with the winner that are unsuccessful.